We are at least an hour’s drive from the nearest pizzeria so I’ve had to perfect the art of making it at home. With an Italian husband (and mother-in-law) making pizza is no joke, follow my recipe if you want seriously good pizza at home!
- 285g water
- Tablespoon sugar
- 7g fresh yeast
- 500g plain white flour
- 10g salt
- Olive oil
- Start by weighing out 285g water in your mixing bowl, add the yeast and the sugar. Mix well.
- Add 500g plain flour and 10g of salt. Mix together using a strong fork until combined.
- On a lightly floured surface knead the dough until smooth.
- Mixing bowl, coat with oil and cover with plastic wrap.
- Leave in a warm place for 60mins.
- Once the dough has risen punch out the air and knead into a tight ball.
- Cut in half.
- Using one half, roll into a ball, place on a round baking dish and slowly flatten it towards the edges.
- The end result should be a smooth thin base with a puffy raised edge.
I make my sauce in huge batches so the quantity of the ingredients will depend on how much you want to make.
- Vegetable stock cube
- Salt, pepper, paprika.
- Roughly chop all the vegetables and herbs, add to a large pot on medium heat with olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper, paprika, a stock cube and lemon juice.
- Cook until everything is soft and then use a stick blender to combine everything until smooth.